top of page
Rally the Herd
Use tab to navigate through the menu items.
RURAL HEALTH EQUITY & COVID-19 VACCINE ACCESS across the
DIGITAL DIVIDE in RURAL
Laura Fails - University of Massachusetts, Amherst
As seen in The News & Advance!
As seen in Nelson County Times & Amherst New Era-Progress!
Click below to learn about
The Coming Together Again Safely Campaign & Vaccine Clinic
for Nelson County, Virginia
Support Our Work!
Please share this project across your social media!
Health Equity is often defined as:
1) equitable access to health care based on equal need,
2) health care utilization matched for equal need,
3) equal quality of care for all
Further Reading on Health Equity
Challenges to rural communities:
- lack of broadband internet & access to information,
- lack of public transportation,
- economic tolls such as lost wages from taking time off from work
Further Reading on Challenges
Alleviating barriers & gaining access
- collaboration & partnership building
- asset & capacity mapping
- technical assistance
- resource mobilization
- mailing campaign
- community event/raffle (incentive)
bottom of page